Dental Implant Maintenance Monroe LA | Anzalone Periodontics
Implants are a popular solution for those who are missing teeth or have severely decaying or damaged natural teeth. Implants can be used to anchor a permanent bridge or removable denture in the mouth in the place of a lost tooth’s root. Dental implants can last a lifetime and function like natural teeth if they are properly cared for.
If you have dental implants, you should schedule biannual examinations and cleanings with Dr. Jeff Anzalone in Monroe, Louisiana. Follow these guidelines for taking care of your dental implants:
- Preserve your customary schedule for brushing and flossing your teeth. As with natural teeth, dental implants require twice-daily cleaning and flossing to keep them clean and healthy. Use a toothbrush and toothpaste that are both soft on the teeth and gums. Plaque and debris may accumulate around implants, but flossing can remove them.
- Use a mouthwash with antimicrobial properties. You can clean your teeth and gums at the same time as you get rid of bad breath bacteria using an antibacterial mouth rinse.
- Preferably, you would avoid eating anything crunchy. The stress on an implant could be increased by eating foods that are especially hard or crunchy. Don’t eat ice, hard candies, or popcorn.
- Put down the cigarettes, put away the e-cigarette, and put away the chewing tobacco. Smoking, specifically, has been demonstrated to impede healing times and increase the risk of implant failure.
- It is highly suggested that you schedule regular checkups and cleanings with Dr. Jeff Anzalone. Exams and cleanings at regular intervals are necessary to ensure the implant’s continued health and functionality. Dr. Anzalone has the training and experience to identify and treat a wide range of medical conditions.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle with healthy food and regular exercise. You can keep your implant in good condition and reduce your risk of complications by eating right and living healthily.
If you are encountering complications with your implant, you should consult Dr. Jeff Anzalone. If you start to feel pain, edema, or any other unusual symptoms, you should contact Dr. Anzalone right away.
In conclusion, dental implants are a great alternative for those who are missing teeth or who have damaged teeth, but they require adequate maintenance to last and function correctly. By adhering to these guidelines and seeing Dr. Anzalone regularly for checkups and cleanings, you may extend the life of your dental implants.
Reach out to our office so that we can arrange a time for you to meet with Dr. Anzalone for a private consultation. We care deeply about making a difference in your life and finding ways to make you smile!